Ajoba - New Marathi Movie by 'Shala' director Sujay Dahake
Movie : Ajoba (2012) Genre : Drama/True Story Director : Sujay S. Dahake Screen play : Gauri ...
Movie: Ajoba (2012)
Genre: Drama/True Story
Director: Sujay S. Dahake
Screen play: Gauri Bapat
Producer: To be decided
Cast: To be decided
Release Date: January 2013
Sujay S. Dahake, a talented director of 'Shala' is comming up with new marathi feature film 'Ajoba'. Its a true story of a leopard whose miraculous 120-km thrilling pug-by-pug journey from Pune to Mumbai was mapped with the help of GPS radio transmitter.
Marathi Movie Ajoba will be directed by Sujay S. Dahake. The screenplay has been written by Gauri Bapat. Star cast of Ajoba is yet to be decided. Probably the movie will be releasing in January 2013.
A leopard had been rescued in April, 2009 from a well in Takli Dhokeshwar village, not too far from Pune. Biologist Vidya Atreya named the leopard 'Ajoba' because he seemed gentle and wise. In the first week of May, when he was declared fully fit, he was fitted with the tracking device and released at Malshej Ghat, 80 km from where he had been found.
The wildcat, Ajoba, whose miraculous 120-km journey was mapped with the help of a radio transmitter around his collar, until he mysteriously broke free from the tracking device in July 2009, was hit by a heavy vehicle at Chinchoti Phatak, near Vasai and died.
The 120 KM journey which took 78 days, gave a thrilling pug-by-pug account of wherever he was roaming: through the hilly Ratangarh area, the busy Mumbai-Agra Highway, the rail tracks near Kasara station, the Wada village near Dahanu, and the Vasai industrial area.
Timeline of Ajoba
- April 16, 2009: Full grown male leopard rescued from a well in a village near the Pune
- May 1, 2009: Fitted with a radio collar and released at Malshej Ghats
- May-July, 2009: Tracked crossing tracks, highways, and pockets of civilization, swimming across the Vasai creek, and entering one of the main areas of Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- July 17, 2009: No reading from collar as tracking device malfunctioned
- December 1, 2011: Killed in an accident with a heavy vehicle on NH 8